Welcome to Episode 21 – Tony Liao Interview on Augmented Reality Research Paper at ISMAR 2012.
We are back with an exciting new episode with our good friend Tony Liao. Tony is a master researcher on the world of Augmented Reality and provides great insights to where AR is and its future. Get the dirt, the skinny, the down-low on the World of AR. Hear our AR Sidekick, Mr. Bobby Simpson, chime in on the discussion. Remember, ARDirt is the only podcast with cutting edge augmented reality information and news! Don’t miss Episode 21!
Spread the word! Subscribe to us in iTunes and rate us a 5 star if you enjoy the content. We are also in Stitcher, Miro, and a host of other Podcast forums. We’d love to get your feedback so let us know your thoughts. We appreciate your comments and look forward to an intriguing discussion in moving Augmented Reality forward into the future. Please send listener feedback to Feedback[at]ardirt.com. We also have a new feature where visitors can leave audio feedback. click on the floating “Send Voicemail” feature on the right side of your screen and let us know what you think of ARDirt. Ask us questions or tell us we are insane–any feedback is welcome because you are the community and your input is valuable in making this podcast and blog better. Visit Bobby Simpson on Twitter at @BobbySimpson or send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Breaking News: Exclusive ARdirt Coupon Code for the AWE2013 Event- use discount code :
AWE3DIRT and save BIG BUCKS!
- Subscribe to ARDirt.com and get a chance to win a copy of my new book: Augmented Reality – An Emerging Technologies Guide to AR
- Please spread the love of ARdirt. Go to ARdirt.com/love and send out a tweet and turn on your Twitter followers to the best Augmented Reality Podcast in cyberspace!
- Open Letter to Sergey Brin – Dear Mr. Brin – We would love to have you on the show with Noah Zerkin. Please check your schedule and lets get you on air. You are welcome on the Augmented Reality Dirt Podcast anytime so lets talk soon. Sincerely Joseph & Bobby
Tony Liao Biography:
Tony Liao is a doctoral candidate in the Department of Communication at Cornell University writing his dissertation on augmented reality technologies. He holds an M.S. in Communication from Cornell University, and was a Summer Doctoral Fellow at the Oxford Internet Institute. He has been an author on work published in the Journal of Computer Mediated Communication, ISMAR proceedings, SIGCHI proceedings, and First Monday. His research is interested in understanding augmented reality from a variety of perspectives, looking at how people utilize emerging technologies in everyday life, how emerging technologies can affect people’s perceptions of place, and the discourse that surrounds emerging technologies that shape and support development of the technology.
Tony Liao on Linkedin – www.linkedin.com/pub/tony-liao/41/128/62b
Tony Liao – Cornell University – http://cornell.academia.edu/ChungLi
Link to Tony Liao Research Paper: “A Framework for Debating Augmented Futures: Classifying the Visions, Promises and Ideographs Advanced About Augmented Reality”
ISMAR 2013 – http://ismar.vgtc.org/
- ACM SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems – April 27-May 2, Paris, France
- AWE 2013 – June 4-5, Santa Clara, CA – ARE is now AWE (Augmented World Expo)
- ISMAR – October 1-4, Adelaide, Australia http://ismar13.org/
- InsideAR – TBA, Munich, Germany
- AR Summit – TBA, London, England
Keep up with all AR-related events and conferences at www.augmentedreality.org .
Link of the Show:
Visit our NEW Augmented Reality Community on Google+
- Augmented Reality Dirt Google+ – Join the Community!
Please share your feedback, Ask a Question, or Promote your AR Venue
- Please Comment on the shownotes
- Call (201) 500-7003 to leave a voicemail
- Email feedback@ARDirt.com (audio files are welcome)