Welcome to Episode 020 – Podcasting Patent Lawsuit & Augmented Reality Patents
We are back with an exciting new episode, learning about the recent Podcasting patent lawsuit & Augmented Reality Patents. We get the dirt on the Personal Audio LLC lawsuit and learn all about patents. We then shift gears and talk about why getting a patent is so important. Everybody should know about patents and AR developers must listen to this episode. Bobby Simpson fights through sickness to make this show awesome.
Spread the word…Subscribe to us in iTunes and rate us a 5 star if you enjoy the content. We are also in Stitcher, Miro, and a host of other Podcast forums. We’d love to get your feedback so let us know your opinion. We appreciate your comments and look forward to an intriguing discussion in moving Augmented Reality forward into the future. Please send listener feedback toFeedback[at]ardirt.com. We also have a new feature where visitors can leave audio feedback. click on the floating “Send Voicemail” feature on the right side of your screen and let us know what you think of ARDirt. Ask us questions, make fun of us, tell us we are insane, any feedback is welcome because you are the community and we know your input is valuable in making this podcast and blog better. Visit Bobby Simpson on Twitter @BobbySimpson or send him an email at email@example.com
Promote Your AR Event, Ask a Question, Give Feedback by leaving a voice message to be played on a future AR Dirt episode!
Episode 20 – Podcasting Patent Lawsuit & Augmented Reality Patents
We have two guests with us today that have considerable expertise in intellectual property. They both practice law at Honigman in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. www.honigman.com
Michael Huget Biography:
(Mike) J. Michael Huget is one of Michigan’s leading IP litigators having appeared in over 225 cases in the U. S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan. He has also litigated cases in federal courts throughout the country.
Contact Michael Huget here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Teymour El-Tahry Biography:
Teymour El-Tahry (Ell-Taury) prepares and prosecutes patent applications for technologies covering natural language processing, machine translation algorithms, and mobile device technologies among many others. He also counsels clients on IP strategies and portfolio management.
Contact Teymour here: email@example.com
- Personal Audio files Podcasting Patent Lawsuit – Source Personal Audio LLC website – http://personalaudio.net/patents/podcasting/
- Patent Lawsuit from USPTO.gov website
- Patent Troll Says It Owns Podcasting; Sues Adam Corolla, HowStuffWorks
- Shield ACT to prevent Patent Trolls
- Cliff Ravenscraft talks about the Podcasting Patent Lawsuit (Audio)
- Daniel J. Lewis – From the Audacity to Podcast mentions the Podcasting Lawsuit (Audio)
- Podcasting U Roundtable Discussing Podcasting Patent lawsuit (Youtube)
- Electronic Frontier Foundation Fights Back Against Patent Trolls
- ACM SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems – April 27-May 2, Paris, France
- AWE 2013 – June 4-5, Santa Clara, CA – ARE is now AWE (Augmented World Expo)
- ISMAR – October 1-4, Adelaide, Australia http://ismar13.org/
- InsideAR – TBA, Munich, Germany
- AR Summit – TBA, London, England
Link of the Show:
- Ori Inbar and the laws of Augmented Reality Design – http://www.augmented-reality.fr/2013/02/ori-inbar-and-the-laws-of-augmented-reality-design/
Please share your feedback, Ask a Question, or Promote your AR Venue
- Please Comment on the shownotes
- Call (201) 500-7003 to leave a voicemail
- Email feedback@ARDirt.com (audio files are welcome)